Saturday, March 29, 2008

The Project – Part Two (of Three)

According to the ‘instructions’, I’ll be needing to draw a combination of circles and straight lines in order to construct on the carpet, the perfect octagon. What was meant to be a simple exercise turned out to a fair bit of a headache, moreso because I didn’t have a protractor BIG enough. Wtf mate? Anyways, ingenious as I am, I decided to tie some raffia string to a plastic peg I found somewhere (no idea what it was meant for, but there were plenty of ‘em) on the other end, I tied the string to a piece of chalk. There you go. Instant circle.

STEP 4: The Draw
Although there were some initial problems with actually getting the chalk lines to show on MyCarpet, scrappy nevertheless, I managed to draw what was required, as per the picture provided. Funny thing was, not only did I not have a protractor, I also did not have a long enough ruler so virtually most of the lines (including all the straight lines) were drawn free hand. But I though it looked good enough. Judge for yourself.

I thought from a bird’s eye view it sorta looked like Leo Da Vinci’s Naked Dude drawing of proportions (I think its called “the Vitruvian Man or somethin’”).

STEP 5: Snip Snip
From then on, it wasn’t so difficult I guess. I got a huge pair of scissors and started cutting. Of course the edges weren’t even. So I simply folded it in ½ and started snipping the excess away. Things are shaping pretty nicely I guess.

Next: Then came the fun part, the inlay of the poker mat. I’ve previously experimented with the white spray paint (as seen in earlier pics) and I think I can pull it off now.

No comments: