Friday, March 28, 2008

M.S.O.P – Province Level: Official Report

Another interesting nite the other nite was. Some $$ lost but plenty of experience gained.

Local Heroes present: Mr. Lee, Mr. Kien, Mr. Symons, and Mr. Kee. Mr. Lee Senior dropped by for 2 shakes but didn’t participate. 2 games played in total.

The first game I totally washed-out. 2 bad calls, including the second where Mr. Fats called me all in, and I saw him, with the SECOND SMALLEST PAIR ON THE TABLE, and I was out. Dumb right?

But I didn’t really mind losing early. I kept calling the hands of aggressive playas with totally shite hole cards of my own, PURELY by reading the game. And I was virtually correct all the time. I won my first big call by beating out Mr. Kien who, although consistently raised every round, I put to have nothing on him. I was right and I hit the high card for that one. But I lost the 2nd and 3rd rounds, both to Mrs. Read.

Even in my losses, I called him correctly but was beaten both times on the river & kicker respectively. The first loss was where he hit a flush draw on the river (dagnabit!) and beat my pocket K’s (which otherwise I would have won) and the other was where I went all in with a hole of 3 & 4 suited, cos I read him as havin nothing, even at the river. The Community Cards opened up to a random set of cards except for another 4. There. I had one of lowest pairs in the game, and the smallest on the table. But I still thought he had nothing. Mr. B.B.B was holding another 3 (dagnabit damnations!) but he had 4 for a kicker. So there. I was shuffling for the next hour or so. Hararharharhar!

The 2nd game was more dynamic and dramatic. Mr. Lee was the first to leave and I wasn’t far behind. Mr. B.I.G was notorious as the chip leader. But I clawed my way back and gave the Calvinator a run for his $$.

I got impatient and eventually lost anyways. So there.

2 comments:

Calvin Symons said...

A loss is a loss...please do not blame your impatience for the loss. As the saying goes, "No excuse for bad performance!" Whaaapeeeessshhh!!

Bob the Builder said...

I'm having a fuckin bad run here... argh! When is our next poker game? I call for Tuesday!