Cheers to all and goodwill to men (and women).
Another year dawns and this blog is still under-maintained. It's no problem really because no one actually reads it. It is however, a great outlet for me to VENT and RANT, something which I have become very very adept at doing. I focus more on my photoblog these day (of which is particularly well maintained must say).
That being said, this (first) blog of mine has a more personal feel to it. I has so far allowed me to speak my mind without being worried that it may give others a nasty opinion of Yours Truly.
So what's new in 2011?
I'm not sure about the rest of the months, but January appears to have a fairly exciting schedule.
1. There was a book launching by the Peranakan Association on the 8th (which I missed due to work committments). I was actually supposed to sing 2 traditional peranakan songs with a singing troupe but I missed that as well. :-( I was also told that there was some Kebaya modeling going on that afternoon, which my camera ultimately missed;
2. Ruben and Yvonne's wedding on the 15th. I've been asked by Ruben to shoot the games and the ceremony in the morning. No news yet if 'll be shooting the dinner itself. Some people feel paiseh to ask a guest to shoot their wedding. Or they might already have a pro on-site. We'll see how this cookie crumbles.
3. A Thaipusam special (by me!) on the 19th/20th. I'll be going with Calvin (hereinafter referred to as "Fatty") and Malini. Mals will be participating with her brothers and Fatty and I just want to experience the whole thingamajig. I'm going for the Pulitzer with this one... stay tuned to my photoblog for more!;
4. A good buddy of mine, Raj Steven hired me to shoot his fitness event on the 22nd, titled UNLEASHED 2011. Its a whole day event to be held at Stadium Bukit Jalil whereby numerous well-known fitness and health instructors are invited to give workshops and talks on our geenral well-being. If you're reading this, come on over that morning to give us support!; and
5. Of course we can't forget the Havana Estudio Monthly Social for January. Traditionally held on the last Saturday of the month, this one is effectively on the 29th.
And this is just for January 2011. As mentioned in my photoblog as well, this looks like its going to be a good year.